Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Welcome!

We are getting closer to our departure to Mozambique, and we are feeling blessed and overwhelmed at the same time. Sadness at leaving our family and friends comes in waves, but so does the excitement that God has an amazing plan for our family half a world away!

We will use this blog for several purposes. We will post prayer needs, answered prayers, pictures of our family and information about the ministry God is calling us to. And we would LOVE to hear from you in return!

We will have internet access in Pempba, but not on the mission base. We will go into town 2 or 3 times a week and post from there. We will also be able to text as soon as we buy a phone and SIM card in Mozambique.

We will leave for Pemba the last week in May and return home the third week in August. We think we will be home for another 2-3 months before we return to Africa. We have a lot to do before then, and we covet your prayers as we decide what to do with our home, cars, etc..

We are excited and humbled! Thank you for being part of our journey.

5 comments:

  1. Wow--it's really happening! I am excited for you and I will definitely follow along with the blog to see what you are up to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo...I am so excited! This is going to be quite an adventure and God has amazing things in store for the whole Strickland family, He loves an obedient child and will not hold back His blessing on you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sending me the link....I'm so excited to read about EVERYTHING. Mary you are truly an inspiration to me. I love your family and will definitely pray for each and everyone of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so exicted for you and the lives you will be touching for His sake. You are in my prayers!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot to add the new blog to Google Reader! It will be added as soon as I leave here! Excited for you all!

    I love MercyMe and have been watching the Rock and Worship Roadshow, streaming live most nights, and Bart Millard has a part where he delivers a message. The other night one thing he said stuck with me. He said people ask him how he does it day in & day out. He replied "Not because I want to, but because I have to. I have to pass it on. It's who I am".That's why you are doing this. Because you are so consumed with God & mission work. You WANT to do it.

    ReplyDelete