Saturday, April 17, 2010

Prayer Requests


We are now only 6 weeks away from leaving family and friends and flying to Mozambique. We still have travel agents "duking it out" for the best ticket prices, but all of our passports are in and ready to go. We are thankful that you are part of our journey!

Please join us in praying for these things:
* that God will be glorified in all that we do here and in Africa
* that our family will be comforted when we leave
* that we will have a clear direction about what to do with our home
* that God will show up in a big way and cover every need
* safe travel to and from Pemba
* that we will not return home the same way we left - I want God to do a major heart-work in me
* that our Mason will hear and speak
(This portrait of Mason was painted by our friend Michelle Bauman - so beautiful!!!)

The next few weeks will be busy as we confirm (and pay for) our airline tickets, apply for our visas, and move Matthew home for the month of May. He will be going to Pemba with us, and it is just easier to do all of the planning and packing with him here. Sweet friends are loaning us their mountain cabin for a long weekend (woo-hoo!), and then we will travel to Arkansas to see out precious Missy and Dan before we leave. Oh, and I think there will be little packing in there somewhere - ha!

We love each of you and covet every prayer.

2 comments:

  1. I am getting excited myself.....excited to see what wondrous things God will do in and through the Strickland family! I am writing down those requests to keep them close by. I am so glad that you will be blogging so I'll feel like I'm there with you. Dear friend you will not return the same woman, I am sure of that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Suzanne. You WILL return a changed woman. How can you not? This step of faith will have returns many-fold. Don't ever think it won't!! Live each day. One at a time. Don't try to rush God. You know that never works. Take time to listen in the chaos of the next 6 weeks. Don't become so overwhelmed with the details. Deep breaths. And prayer. And letting us know what those prayer requests are. No matter how small they seem to be.

    ReplyDelete