Friday, June 4, 2010

We are here!!!

We have been in Mozambique for 1 week, and this is the first time that the internet has worked since our arrival. Everything here is beautiful and fragile. The internet in fragile, the water system is fragile, the children are fragile. We have met so many beautiful people from all over the world who have some to this place to learn and serve.

We are living in a tiny house on base that is glamorous in Mozambique, but it would be condemned in the states. We have found it very humbling to live among and learn from the poor. They truly know the heart of God and have to totally rely in Him to merely survive. We are house parents to 8 beautiful girls from America, South Africa, Finland and Australia. We all share two tiny bathrooms, a very tiny sink and a very, very tiny refrigerator. We are learning to navigate the local market and have been able to buy (at a high price) many of the things we need. No Nerd Ropes in Africa, but we have found the best strawberry cookies on the planet :)

The three little ones have done incredibly well!! I have been amazed at how adaptable they are. Africa is "boy heaven" - dirt, sticks and bugs everywhere! Having Matt here has been an incredible blessing, and the little ones adore having him here.

I can't post pictures yet because my Mac Book won't sync with the computer system here. I will keep trying :)

PLEASE be praying for my sweet mom. She was admitted to the hospital this week, and it has been incredibly hard to be so far away from her and my dad.

We love you all, and hope to post again soon. We are loving every minute here!!!

5 comments:

  1. I will pray for your Mom. I know that has to be hard. I am glad you are adjusting. Children seem to adjust so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to update your blog and give us a glimpse in your new life and surroundings.

    "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:3-5

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, eye-opening adventure this will be for your whole family. May God's peace, rest and spirit of adventure be on you all.
    God has His very capable hands surrounding your family back here in the States as well.

    "But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble" Psa. 59:16-17

    ReplyDelete
  4. The service you and your family provide to others is truly touching. What an example you lead for all of us to follow a path of 'paying it forward.' I will keep your family in my prayers.

    Margie (Woodard) Savage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You are there! How exciting! Glad to hear you are well and adjusting to the big changes so well. I will pray for your mom to gain strength. I will be checking back to see how things are going!

    ReplyDelete