Friday, May 21, 2010

Almost Ready to Leave!


The suitcases are piling higher everyday, the to-do lists are growing shorter, and our excitement in growing! We will drive to Dallas on Monday and fly out on Tuesday afternoon. Unfortunately, we won't actually arrive in Mozambique until Friday morning - long, long flights and layovers :(

We will have a cell phone in Africa, but I won't know the number until we actually buy a SIM card in Pemba. We can Skype, email, and text just like we do at home - woohoo!!! Technology is a wonderful thing for a mom who is already missing her Michael, Missy and Dan.

We can't wait to share our first impressions of Africa with you! Stay tuned - the first post from Pemba might come as early as next Saturday. We love you all!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Jambo!
    Troy and I just returned from Kenya--- Our hearts grew there, and so will yours! I'm so thrilled and look forward to following your journey!!! We will pray and keep you close in our hearts! This is too exciting... You are clinging to the call and moving toward a life of faith full-time! I love it!!! I think of Abraham and Sarah and the sacrifices and promises and love that we learned through them and you all are a testimony of that as well! I love you always!! - Katherine Pledger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooo...I AM excited to hear from you...take lots of pictures too. Love on those beautiful people for me!
    God be with you as you travel with His grace and mercy. May your children be the best they have ever been and you and Randy feel a tremendous peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for you. I am glad you will be able to keep in touch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you, too, and will be praying! Looking so forward to reading about how the Lord works in your lives and the people you touch!

    Hugs, Delinda Lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meredith wants to tell Madelyn: "I miss you so much! I hope you are having a good time."

    Marci wants to tell you all that we miss you much!

    The Muno Family :)

    ReplyDelete